Distinguished Service Award
The CATS Distinguished Service Award (DSC) goes to a CATS member who has made a difference to the community as a whole.
At the close of the nomination period, nominees must be current CSU employees and have been active employees in at least a half-time capacity within the past calendar year. More than one CATS member may receive the award.
Eligible nominees must have been active in the CATS community. Participation may have been in a variety of ways, such as
- served on one or more CATS Conference planning teams
- presented at CATS conferences and/or online or regional meetings
- participated on TIGERS grant project
- served on past Executive Council (current year EC members excluded)
- contributed to listserv, Blog, or Knowledge Base
- provided support for CATS on other campuses either locally or remotely
Winners are honored via the CATS website, listserv, and other CSU media, and receive a cash award.
Only CATS members may make nominations.
Nominations are to be made online, and should detail the nominee's noteworthy contributions to the CATS community by addressing the following questions:
- What was the impact on CATS' productivity, communication, or collaboration?
- What was the reach of impact on the community?
- Did the nominee's contributions have a positive impact on other CATS or faculty at his/her campus and/or other campuses?
Additionally, at least one support letter from another CATS member is required, and multiple letters are encouraged (no more than three, please). These can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 707.664.4350. A letter from the nominee’s supervisor is strongly encouraged.
Nominations and letters must be received by 4:30 pm PST on Thursday, November 12, 2009.
A rubric is used to assess each individual nomination. Points are assigned and scored. You should review this rubric *, which is used to assess each nomination. We encourage you to print it out and refer to it as you prepare your nominations.
*Adobe Reader is needed to view this file. A free version can be downloaded by clicking here <--->